Tuesday, October 13, 2009

More on the Broncos Cheerleaders’ retro look

October 13th, 2009
By Sasha, UltimateCheerleaders.com

I’ve been busting my hump, looking for photos of the Denver Broncos Cheerleaders from yesterday’s game. Ultimately, I managed to scrounge up a few photos that aren’t great, but are good enough for these five minutes.







I’m just going to come right out and say it: I feel like I’ve been cheated, dang it! This was a perfect opportunity for some major throwback fabulosity. Instead, what we have here is a brown skirt, a yellow jacket, and white sneakers. The overall effect was somewhat underwhelming.

No headbands. No sequins. No legwarmers.
No bow-ties, leotards, or funny hats.
None of the elements that really put the “fab” in retro-fabulous.

You’d think the guys could have spared a couple pairs of socks, at least.

HOWEVER…

Thankfully, I just came across an old episode of Mork & Mindy, where Mork becomes a member of the Denver Broncos Pony Express. That made me feel better, even though the show is absolutely dreadful. (This is one sitcom that did not stand the test of time. Robin Williams is darn near unwatchable.) Fortunately, the cheerleaders really brought it, coming through with the shiny, the sequins, the fringe, and the most awesome pair of gauntlets ever worn by (wo)man. They even had a live pony. Who could ask for anything more?

Watch and enjoy.