Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Meet Keela Harris

Hey Broncos Fans! Since I am the new “blogger” on the block, let me start by introducing myself. My name is Keela Harris. I am celebrating my fourth year with the Denver Broncos Cheerleaders (DBC), and I couldn’t be more excited about the way our upcoming season looks! We have a very special group of women on this year’s DBC team, and we are all excited to get things rolling with the 2008 Denver Broncos Football Season.



I graduated from MSCD in May with my bachelor’s degree in Communications - Broadcast Journalism. I am currently working for a distributing company as their client and rep liaison. Since I work for a start-up company, I have the opportunity to have my hands in a little bit of everything, which always offers opportunity for growth and new challenges.

This summer is a little different than most recent summers for the Denver Broncos Cheerleaders. This time last year a group of 12 of us traveled overseas to perform for our troops in Iraq and Italy. The previous summer we were able to perform for our troops serving in Afghanistan. These tours presented eye-opening, life-altering and rich experiences. To have had the opportunity to travel to a part of the world where many will never go, to shake the hands of our heroes, and to bring a little bit of Denver and football to boost morale overseas, was certainly an experience that has changed my fellow dancers and me forever.

The show that we took over to the troops is really a fun one. Our choreographer, Shelly Trujillo, put together two hours of entertainment packed with dancing (the soldiers too, of course…you didn’t think we would really travel all the way to Iraq and not make them tap their feet a little did you?!), skits, crowd interaction, and singing, My first year on these Armed Forces Entermainment tours, I danced; and the second year I got to M.C. the tours along with my talented and beautiful teammate, Kelly Troester, who is now an alumni. Since we do not yet have any tours scheduled for this summer, we have been busy training and preparing for our upcoming football season… a blast in itself!

Along with my fellow DBC teammates, I was able to be a part of Fan Fair this year. It was an absolute treat! Fan Fair is always a fun opportunity to get Denver pumped up for the upcoming season! I am always impressed with the GREAT long-time Denver Broncos fans, as well as the new orange and blue faces that will grace our stands and create the thunder in just a few short weeks for preseason!

Thank you in advance for welcoming me into your blog community! I look forward to another exciting season cheering for the Denver Broncos!

- Keela Harris (7/11/07)