Thursday, October 25, 2007

Little Bit O' Everything

As I sit down to write my blog this week I can’t help but reflect on how quickly time passes. Although the Broncos season has just kicked off, it is midway for the Denver Broncos Cheerleaders as we have been up and running since March! I have a hard time believing that this is my fourth season with the Broncos, and when I walked away from the stadium Sunday night, the stadium lights shut off, tailgating parties at a close, and the Broncos community celebrating a win, I was left in awe.

It never gets old to dance from the top of my head to the bottom of my feet in front of 76,000 fans. It really is hard to put words to the energy in my heart when I step out onto the field on game day. I saw a lot of Terrible Towels in the crowd on Sunday, but I saw and heard far more Broncos cheers and colors–and it resonates in my heart that I am in a beautiful place right now, and I feel completely blessed to be a part of this organization. There was a point in the game where I looked up in the sky–pitch black, little flurries of snow began to fall and every face in the crowd lunged forward with pure anticipation. There were 11 seconds on the clock in the fourth quarter, and moments later, Jason Elam came through yet again for the Broncos to pull out the win.

It is funny–as I watch the Rockies head to the World Series (a team with such popularity that ticket purchasing was suspended for the afternoon), and the Broncos put another win in the bag for the season, one of the things that stands out most to me is that none of these games would be as exciting if there weren’t fans. The Broncos are fans of the Rockies and vise versa, the Denver community has fans of every nature, and it really is what makes the seasons go ’round!

So for the sports fans out there who cheer from home or in the stadium, I would like to say, thank you for creating the experience of a lifetime for myself and so many others in the sports community!

So now I have a question for all of you, on a much lighter note. One of my favorite holidays is just around the bend – Halloween. Now, I enjoy Halloween because you can dress up as any character in the book for one night, plus I definitely have a sweet tooth. Now, trust me, I have had some pretty serious costumes in my day, but I have pretty much done everything in the book at this point. I think my favorite Halloween costume was a full-blown lion costume that my grandmother sewed for me (mane and all) when I was about 3! So I guess it’s been a while since I have had a good costume, which is why I need your help!

I know you all have some great ideas because I saw them at our DBC Halloween party in 2004. If you have creative or unique ideas or suggestions for a Halloween costume this year, I would appreciate the feedback. I do need to preface this by sharing just a few of the things I do not consider to be a costume:

* Ears and a tail
* Anything without face paint
* Just about any of the pre-packaged costumes; I want something original!

So please post your appropriate suggestions and we’ll see who comes up with the best costume idea. If you don’t have any suggestions but would like to post interesting (clean fun) costumes you have seen in the past, then please do; I always enjoy a good story. I look forward to your feedback.

As we prepare for our Monday night game against Green Bay, our entire team is unbelievably excited. There is nothing like Monday Night Football! There is a lot of history with Green Bay, especially some pretty fond memories of Super Bowl XXXII!

This is a big game, and we are all going to need to remind the Broncos why home-field advantage in Denver is just that. I was very impressed with the fans last week — the stadium was louder than ever and people were on their feet for the entire game. Let’s bring that out Monday night. See you on the field!

God Bless,
Keela (10/24/2007)