Monday, October 1, 2007

Answers to Your Questions

Thank you for your questions and comments. Read below for my answers…

1. What inspired you to come out from Ontario to go to school in Boulder?

I was born in Toronto but moved when I was very young to the United States. My extended family still lives up there and I love to visit. My mom, dad, sister and I returned to Toronto a few months ago to spend time at the cottage and see all of our family. After Toronto, we moved to Minnesota, North Carolina, Texas and then settled in Denver. I absolutely love it here. I have lived in Denver for almost 8 years and chose to remain in Colorado for college. I attended the University of Colorado at Boulder.

2. What is better? Fall in the Rockies or fall in the NE/lakes?!

Sadly, I can’t answer this one because it’s been a while since I have seen fall in the NE/lakes area. My family tends to visit Ontario in the summer time. But I love fall here in Colorado. I just got back from trail running and it was awesome. The leaves are starting to change color, it’s not too hot, and not too cold. I am planning to get up to the mountains this weekend to enjoy the change of seasons.

3. How long it takes the squad to get ready for game day in regards to makeup, and what the routine is (favorite makeup brands? etc?) the makeup everyone wears really compliments your features but comes off very natural and not overdone. Do you girls do it yourself or does someone come in and do it for you?

Good question. Thank you for the compliment in regards to our makeup. The majority of the girls do not put on a lot of makeup on a daily basis, but we put on a lot more for the games to stand out on the field. On game days we get to the stadium several hours before the game starts. We have a field rehearsal for about an hour and then about 2 hours to eat and do hair and makeup. This time is fun for us as we put on music and talk to each other.

We have a variety of makeup artists who come during the games, but there is not enough time for everyone to get their makeup done. Some girls on the team prefer to do their own makeup to save time. I love it when I get my makeup done before games, but I’d say that happens only a few times during the season. But, I’ve picked up some tricks from the stylists — they have all been very helpful. In regards to hair, Antoine Du Chez is our sponsor and all of their stylists are wonderful.

As for makeup brands, it definitely varies. I really like MAC makeup, but we all use a variety. Don’t underestimate what you can find at Walgreens!

4. Do you know how many of the cheerleaders will be at the Barn before Sunday’s game - and also before the October 7th game with San Diego? Will they be selling calendars there? The two we got autographed at the release party are already committed as Christmas gifts, so I need to get one I can keep.

Typically four cheerleaders go to the Broncos Barn before the games and it’s different girls each week. They sign autographs and perform a couple of dance numbers. If you would like another signed calendar, I would recommend purchasing one online or from the Broncos store and tracking us down before or after the game. A fully signed calendar is also available online as well.

5. How frustrating is it to have your back turned to the field and all the action for the entire game? Especially as a Bronco fan that has be tough, but by the reaction of the crowd I am sure you know whether the play was successful or not. I would just think at times it would be a little frustrating, but i am sure you’re having fun so hopefully it’s worth it.

We are almost always facing the field during the play and we face the fans during timeouts, breaks or right before the ball is in movement. But we love cheering and dancing to get the fans excited about the game. I do get to see the majority of the game, although there are times when cameramen get in the way. I try to always have an eye on one of the jumbotrons so I know what is going on in the game. And yes, we are definitely having fun out there!

- Laura (9/26/07)