Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Mile High Sports Magazine Girl In Your Corner - Kim Bull

March 2008



Name: Kim Bull

Age: I’ll never tell!

Profession: Nursing student

Describe the perfect date.

Surprise me! Pick me up, maybe bring one flower (not a rose) and don’t tell me where or what we are doing. I like to be surprised. I really don’t care where we go, to the movies (I love movies!), to the Buell to see a show, bowling, dinner, Hawaii (just kidding), whatever.

What’s your favorite Denver activity?

Going to the Nuggets games (and other sporting events) and going to see shows at the Buell Theatre.

You tried out for the Nuggets Dancers a few times before you made it. What made you stick to it?

I stayed after it because I wanted to be a part of the Denver Nuggets Dancers! I had attended many Nuggets games and saw how talented and beautiful the girls were, plus how much fun they were having, and I just knew I had to be a part of the team.

You’re from Nebraska, but went to school at CU. Where do your loyalties lie?

If I say Colorado, all of my family will disown me. But if I say Nebraska, all of my college friends and all the girls on the dance team will probably never talk to me again. I plead the fifth.

What’s the most annoying thing a guy can do on a date?

Talk only about himself or act arrogant.

What’s your favorite team?

Duh, the Nuggets!

The Nuggets Dancers have a pretty big assortment of uniforms this season. Which one is your favorite?

I love our jersey dresses and our new pinks! I know the pink ones aren’t Nuggets colors, but they are so cute and sassy! Plus, the crowd really seems to like them!

Settle the debate: Is dancing a sport?

I know some fellow dancers may hate me for saying this, but I would have to say no. Don’t get me wrong, we work extremely hard and put hours and hours of time into perfecting our technique – many more than I did when I was playing competitive softball. But I would consider it more of a skilled craft or artform.

What’s your favorite way to stay in shape?

I absolutely love kickboxing! I am addicted!

Do you have any diet secrets?

No, I don’t like the word “diet.” I believe everything in moderation. If I want to eat a yummy dessert one night, I will. But I know I will have to eat well the next day and make sure I go to the gym!

If you could star in one movie, what would it be?

“Top Gun.” It is my favorite movie, plus I would get to hang out Maverick, Slider and Ice-Man.

How about if you could be in an artist’s music video?

That is easy, any Madonna or Janet Jackson video. I am a huge fan of them both. They are absolutely amazing performers.

What’s the worst thing a guy can wear at the gym?

Spandex shorts.