Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Where Are They Now - Maria Mateo

Former DND Maria Mateo is entering her first season as a San Francisco 49ers Gold Rush Cheerleader. Sneak peek at her photo and bio...

Career goal:
Since middle school I wanted to become an interior designer, but recently I have developed a passion for medicine and am pursuing a career in dermatology.

What you like best about the 49ers:
What I like best about the 49ers is that they represent the highest level of sportsmanship, professionalism, and integrity. The organization is a socially responsible entity, not only in sports but in the larger community it serves.

Guilty pleasures:
My guilty pleasures include, but are not limited to, laughing out loud, vanilla bean ice cream, fashion, big and fluffy dogs, Travel Channel and HGTV, festivals, anything French, and Survivor (have been a fan since Colby Donaldson!).

Hobbies (outside of dance):
Outside of dance I love to run, shop, travel, sing while driving, play with my niece and nephew, play the piano, and, most importantly, spend quality time with people I love.

Most adventurous thing you have done:
The most adventurous thing I have done, besides skydiving for my birthday, is paying for higher education on my own. It’s a big risk I chose to take. I get a rush knowing I can do things I set my mind to, on my pace, and am picking up life skills while gaining meaningful relationships along the way.

Most proud of:
I am most proud of my faith and integrity.My faith assists in giving me the confidence to trust myself and feel secure in my skin.It teaches me to be aware of my actions and be open-minded; hence, I do my best to not put myself in situations that will compromise my integrity but still try new things.

Most memorable moment as a Gold Rush member:
Aside from bonding with my teammates, my most memorable moment as a Gold Rush Member thus far was my first Appearance in my Gold Rush uniform supporting the Yes on J rally where I heard Jerry Rice and Dwight Clark speak alongside Jed York, surrounded by Santa Clara 49er Faithful!

Best word that describes you:
Well-rounded.

What most people don’t know about you:
I am fascinated with Latin (ballroom) dancing, especially the Rumba.

I wish I could:
I wish I could have a Girls’ Night Out with Victoria Beckham, Audrey Hepburn, Angelina Jolie, Princess Diana, Giselle Bündchen, Basia Trzetrzelewska, Drs. Rodan and Fields, and Lady Gaga. In their unique way, they are beautiful, intriguing, and powerful women. Each of them has that je ne sais quoi - it’s charming.And I cannot help but be inspired by them.

Song do you most enjoy dancing to:
I like dancing to songs with catchy melodies.

Something you like to do each day:
Each day I am thankful for another day, I like chatting with my sisters, surf the web, and eat something sweet.