Monday, November 26, 2007

It’s the most wonderful time of the year…again!

Well, it is nearly the end of November and the Denver Broncos only have two home games left this season. With four games away from home of the final six remaining this season we need all of the fan support and enthusiasm we can get! Are any of you planning to make it to any of the road games?

This year Thanksgiving was a beautiful celebration with family and friends. I hope that all of you were able to bring in the holiday season with some of the same experiences. Last year I started a baking tradition with the women in my life. I carried it on this year and made apple pie from scratch — crust and all. The preparation portion was fun, and the end product is always one of the best parts, but I think one of the things I enjoy most about the process is taking advantage of the time with my mother and grandmother who both live here in Colorado. It is refreshing to bring in the holiday with people who have sincerely impacted your life.

Thanksgiving morning I ran the Turkey Trot in Washington Park with several friends. The course was beautiful and people got pretty into the race by dressing up. It was certainly a memorable experience. Do any of you have interesting Thanksgiving traditions?

One of the things I am continually surprised about with the coming of the holiday season is how quickly people start moving. Some individuals were up at about 4 a.m. the day after Thanksgiving to get some of their holiday shopping started. And many of my neighbors already have their houses decked out in Christmas spirit. With Christmas trees strapped to the tops of cars and holiday music on the radio, I think many start to feel the pressure of 2008 just around the corner.

Well, with the Christmas season on the rise I should make note that our team will be selling and signing our calendars at various locations around Colorado for every weekend in December. As soon as I get the list of who will be where and when, I will post; it would be great to meet all of you consistent bloggers while your doing some of your holiday shopping!

Plug: Our calendars make great stocking stuffers! (I couldn’t resist.)



Our team recently received some very exciting news. Every year our team nominates one woman to attend the Pro Bowl to represent the Denver Broncos Cheerleaders in Hawaii. This year’s representative is Jenn Kelly — a beautiful, inspirational, positive, and talented woman.



Only 15 women have ever been invited to attend the Pro Bowl to represent the Denver Broncos Cheerleaders (DBC), so not only is the invitation an irreplaceable opportunity, but I think it is always humbling to be voted into a circumstance or situation because of your character, and that is exactly why Jenn will represent the DBC; she has a beautiful spirit and a very sincere character.

One of her most recent projects has been putting together Christmas gifts for our troops overseas in Iraq and Afghanistan. If any of you see her at a promotion or charity in the coming months, please be sure to share your warm congratulations with her!

Have a great week everyone!

Keela (11/25/2007)