Friday, August 10, 2007

Summer Happenings

Hello Broncos Fans! It has been quite some time since I have written a blog as other cheerleaders have begun to get involved with the Broncos Blog. Keela Harris and Melissa Lopez-Aust have done a great job with their entries!

We’ve had a busy summer with a calendar shoot, our own training camp, practices, promotions, and charities and were given last week off. Here’s what I did with my free time.

I took some time off my regular job as a business consultant and drove up to Steamboat Springs for a couple of days. I went with some friends and we spent one day on Steamboat Lake (which is absolutely beautiful — it’s a peaceful lake completely surrounded by mountains). We also took a jeep ride to the top of Hahn’s Peak which was where people used to mine for gold. This was a special jeep; it was bright pink and has been taking people to the top of the peaks since the 1960s.

I also had a family vacation planned last week to Toronto, Canada, to visit all my relatives. It had been 5 years since I last visited Toronto so I was long overdue for a trip. My uncle has a lake house about an hour and a half north of Toronto. My best childhood memories involve visiting my grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles at that lake. We went swimming, canoeing, fishing, and had bonfires in the evenings. We spent our last day in the city and picked up a few souvenirs.

This week we are back to preparing for our first game. And we have our calendar release party at Invesco Field on August 16th and all the money raised at that event will go to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. We will donate the money in honor of our amazing alumni cheerleader Lisa Pevateaux who was recently diagnosed. Everyone is welcome and you can buy tickets at the door. Hope you see you there to help us support this great cause! Check out Teresa Shear’s blog for more information.

- Laura (8/9/07)